Tuesday, September 14, 2010

first dance

It's dark.
Maybe a lamp is on in the corner.
There are so many kids crammed into such a small space, it's hard to tell the light is on.
Richard Marx's is playing on the radio. What was that song?
Oh yeah...how appropriate.
"Whatever it takes or how my heart breaks, I'll be right here waiting for you."
I can't believe he is dancing with her.
Well I guess I can, she is in the eighth grade.
But I am the one holding the red heart shaped pipe cleaner.
I think I'll keep it forever.
He gave it to Me, so why is he dancing with Her?
So far the 7th grade sucks.
It's another slow song, my heart is racing.
I am so sweaty.
I think I might die if he does not ask me to dance.
"that's why I'm starting with me, I'm starting with the man in the mirror, I'm asking him to change his ways, no message could be any clearer"
He is asking me to dance.
I don't die.
This is awesome.
I will never forget this.
I think I love him.
Take that Colleen!

No comments:

Post a Comment