Saturday, August 21, 2010

My Former Friend

2 years since the last time
another 3 till
I'll get over this hump
and how you made me feel
It all started out
as just a cheap thrill
Then weakness took over
but with strength that could kill

4 hours and counting
I cant seem to sleep
Desire so strong
I fall to my knees
Emotions take over
and I start to cry
How many more tears
till I can look to the sky

Assumptions so bold
and inhumanly cold
Another 3 years
till I reach my goal
The real question is
How do I do it?
Some may say
that there's nothing to it

But between you and I
that's all just a lie
They don't understand
Cuz they don't know what it's like
I'd like to see them try
to crumple up their life
Throw it all away
in the blink of an eye

Then piece it back together
as if everything was fine
Take it back away from you
like I'm trying to do with mine
Make something out of it
besides devoting all to you
I'm just counting down the time
till I've completely pulled it through


No comments:

Post a Comment